Header Ads

I Almost Joined Real Madrid – Simon Kjaer



Denmark defender Simon Kjaer has revealed that he could have joined Real Madrid 10 years ago.

Simon Kjaer, who currently plays for Real’s La Liga rivals Sevilla, was wanted by Madrid for their reserve side Castilla back in 2007 when he was on the books at Midtjylland.

Speaking to Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet, the 28-year-old said: “I had the chance to be a Madridista, yes.

 At that time I did not understand why Midtjylland did not want it. But since then I have not lost a single moment of my career worrying.”

Madrid invited Kjaer to a trial and then offered €600,000 to sign him, but Midtjylland turned it down as they wanted more. The defender moved to Palermo a year later for €4m

No comments

Theme images by Dizzo. Powered by Blogger.