Header Ads

David Moyes Admits He Has Money To Spend In January

West Ham manager David Moyes says he has money to spend on transfers in January, but says his focus is on getting the current squad to produce results.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s match against , Premier League leaders Manchester City, Moyes said: “They told me when I came that if things were needed in January then it would be possible to do so.

“But I said last week, and I’m saying again that I am focusing on the players here.

“I do expect the staff that work here and who work it that department [transfers] will have plenty of people to look at and recommend.

“If it gets nearer the time and I think it’s needed I’ll go myself and see them.”

“I see the players here having a strong mentality and a fighting spirit amongst them to make things right. I can only harp back to small things. It’s individual lapses that cost us in recent games.

“I’m focusing on the players here. We have to get a winning team from what we’ve got in the squad.”

Moyes short-term aim is to get the best out of the players currently at his disposal, as they look to bounce back from the defeat at Goodison Park.

“I was unhappy with the performance the other night, but the spirit is fine. I need them to stand up and be better but overall I think they’re big enough in here to know they need to do better.

No comments

Theme images by Dizzo. Powered by Blogger.